It is hard for any of us to face harsh reality. I realize that I will never be one of the 80 million Millennials who control more than 1.3 trillion of direct spending power. I wish I was born between 1977 and 2000. There are days I act like a Millennial when I am predictably unpredictable according to my staff. The Millennial generation marks the end of the passive consumer. The path to purchase from this Generation is no longer a linear model. They have all been raised in the paradox of choice and their voices will be heard. Millennial Rules of Engagement:
- Do not tell me you and your brands are the best. I will decide for myself.
- We are in this together with you for now.
- We want truth and transparency.
- We live in the real world. We choose content and relationships only with Brands we want to spend time with.
- We are the Innovation Generation.